Hardware Replacement Service Level Agreement
Transparent Technologies guarantees that in the event of a dedicated server hardware failure, the faulty hardware will be replaced within 2 hours of identifying the problem. In the event that this guarantee is not met, Transparent Technologies will issue a credit for ten times the actual amount of additional downtime. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer's monthly recurring charge. This guarantee does not include the time it takes to perform additional software related maintenance, including rebuilding web accounts from backups or rebuilding raid arrays.
Transparent Technologies's cumulative average time to replace failed hardware is under 30 minutes.
Network Uptime Service Level Agreement
Transparent Technologies guarantees network uptime to be 99.9% or better. This guarantee allows for approximately 45 minutes per month and 8 hours per year of network downtime.
Network SLA Exclusions
Many possible situations are completely beyond the control of Transparent Technologies, and therefore are not in the scope of this SLA. These situations include:
- Scheduled Network Maintenance - occasionaly network maintenance will be required. Transparent Technologies will do everything possible to minimize and avoid downtime during this maintenance. You will receive prior notification of upcoming maintenance at the email address we have on file. Scheduled maintenance periods are not eligible for SLA credits.
- Hardware Maintenance - on rare occasions, the hardware in your Dedicated Server may need maintenance or replacement. Transparent Technologies will do everything possible to minimize any downtime in these situations per our hardware replacement SLA. Any downtime incurred as a result of this maintenance will not be counted towards our network SLA.
- Software Maintenance - an important part of managing a dedicated server is keeping the software up to date. If you choose to have Transparent Technologies manage your server, occasional software updates will be required to address security or performance issues. Usually you will experience little or no downtime in these situations, but we cannot guarantee a specific amount of time in all situations.
- Malicious Attacks - if a third party not associated with Transparent Technologies initiates a "Denial of Service" or other form of disabling attack against your Dedicated Server, Transparent Technologies will do everything in it's power to stop the attack, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
- CPanel Issues - if you choose to run CPanel and Web Host Manager on your Dedicated Server, the default install will be configured for automatic updates of CPanel related software. On occasion, one of these automatic updates could adversely effect all or part of the CPanel related software on you server. Transparent Technologies will do whatever is necessary to fix any Cpanel related problems, but cannot guarantee a resolution time.
Network SLA Remedy
In the event that Transparent Technologies does not meet this SLA, Dedicated Hosting clients will become eligible to request compenstaion for downtime. If Transparent Technologies is directly responsible for causing the downtime, the customer will recieve a credit for 10 times ( 1,000% ) the actual amount of downtime. This means that if your server is unreachable for 1 hour (beyond the 0.01% allowed), you will recieve 10 hours of credit. If Transparent Technologies is not directly responsible for causing the downtime, the customer will recieve a credit for 5 times ( 500% ) the actual amount of downtime.
All requests for compensation must be recieved within 5 business days of the incident in question. The amount of compensation may not exceed the customer's monthly recurring charge.
How to Report a Problem
Transparent Technologies technicians are available 24 hours a day, via our online help desk.